Do you have a City of Lincoln Library Card? If the answer is "yes," then you already have free access to all the wonderful tutorials from Lynda.com. You must sign in through the library's site with your library card number and PIN to get started. You can then set up your personalized account to manage your playlists and progress through the tutorials. If you're not from Lincoln, Nebraska, check with your local library and see if they have a similar agreement to offer Lynda.com to you.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, Lynda.com is a high-quality resource for employees looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, communication, and a wide range of other topics.
Benefits to using Lynda.com include:
- Unlimited access to courses on a wide variety of technology and disciplines
- Up-to-date content to keep skills current and to learn new skills
- New courses added every week
- Tutorials are taught by recognized industry experts
- Access to instructors’ exercise files to follow along as you learn
- Closed captioning and searchable, time-coded transcripts
- Beginner to advanced level courses
- The option to watch complete courses or individual videos as you need them
My apologies for skipping the September post, but I fell and broke my hand the end of August and typing was just too much.