Apply on company website
Locations: Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As the Training Specialist you will support the technical learning needs of Group Protection employees for all facets of claims products and services. Implement and evaluate training plans and programs to ensure organizational readiness for the claims division.
Training and Development
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that could improve quality for claims training
- Develops implements and evaluates training plans and programs for claims to meet departmental training objectives.
- Develops training materials, manuals, procedures and/or visual aids to meet objectives of the claims organization.
- Develops and conducts training needs assessments and determines training requirements for new program development.
- Conducts training and ongoing training evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within compliance.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends within claims training, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Liaises with assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure training materials, procedures, plans and/or programs reflect business needs and support organizational readiness.
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with appropriate internal/external stakeholders to address training gaps to optimize organizational performance.
- May share knowledge with junior and/or peer team members.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 1-3 yrs of experience in training that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
- Direct experience and/or knowledge of STD/LTD or Absence Management products preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.