Visit the company website for more information
Join a company that values education and has an impact on the entire business! Great West Casualty Company is seeking a dynamic Instructional Designer to be responsible for training analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
This position will create and enhance our training curriculum and develop user materials. Your role will include design and development of training content from the initial analysis and storyboarding through the upload and testing of content in learning management systems. You will apply your prior experience in adult education principles and methodologies to create effective training. Exceptional communication and organizational skills to collaborate with the team to meet deadlines over the course of projects is vital.
We are looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree in Training and Development, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Business, or a related field. Insurance industry experience is a plus.
- At least 4 years' experience developing training for adults in a business setting.
- A thorough knowledge of training processes, methodologies, and educational theories of adult learning.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing training needs, evaluating training resources, and making recommendations.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and strong interpersonal skills. The ability to convey clear, concise information to others using verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of eLearning technology and software such as WebEx and Articulate Storyline with a willingness to learn and use future technological tools to deliver training.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company