To apply, visit the Union Pacific website.
Location: Omaha, NE
Closing Date: 08/07/2018 at 11:59 PM Central Time
Pay Rate: 5601-6496 Per Month
Job Open To: Internal and External Candidates
This position will be responsible to use the Instructional Design Methodology (IDM) approach to designing e-learning training programs that uses adult learning principles to enhance the knowledge, skills, behaviors, and attitudes of individuals so they can achieve the performance objectives of their job within the organization. Responsibilities will include to Define, Design, Develop and Deploy e-learning courses for the Mechanical Department Training needs.
Monthly salaries will be as indicated below subject only to future wage adjustments base on recommendations of management. Salary will range from $5601.00 to $6496.00 per month based on skills, experience, qualifications, etc. Note: Position is all services rendered, seven (7) days a week and is not subject to any overtime or holiday rules of the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Utilize evaluation process to manage and prioritize training requests
- Ensure consistent branding of materials
- Utilize UP templates and standard work
- Identify evaluation methods and tools to measure results (Kirkpatrick's 4 Levels of Evaluation)
- Manage multiple design and development projects simultaneously
- Establish and maintain relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs) at all levels within and outside the department
- Provide guidance and coaching to partners in the learning process, including designers, facilitators and subject matter experts
- Implement and maintain ISD processes for participant and facilitator guides; assessments, quizzes, online tests, performance tests, study aids and delivery methods
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization; building rapport
- 5 year(s) ISD experience
- 2 year(s) Captivate or similar Instructional Design and Development Experience
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; including consulting, collaboration and influence skills
- Excellent written communication skills; including strong editing and visual design skills
- Teamwork: Working well with others in groups, cooperating with others, and offering to help when needed.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Goal oriented and customer-focused
- Highly self-motivated and focused
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word, Captivate and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 year(s) experience in an instructor or trainer role
- 4 year(s) experience in instructional design in Captivate or similar tool(s)
With more than 8,000 locomotives and 107,000 freight cars, mechanics at all career levels can find opportunities at Union Pacific’s many shops. Mechanical employees inspect, repair and maintain freight cars and locomotives. By ensuring the equipment is in good working order, Union Pacific can offer safe, reliable transport of customer goods.
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they’ve helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.