Location: Omaha, Nebraska
For more information or to apply, visit: https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com/
At Medical Solutions, the Learning Experience Designer (LXD) is an advocate for learning with a jack-of-all-trades approach to work responsibilities. They will proactively partner with the organization to identify knowledge and skill gaps through effective needs analysis and must be able to clearly articulate proposals based on adult learning theory principles. Our LXDs develop training materials using a wide variety of media tools, coordinate and schedule training sessions, and facilitate training to our organization. The LXD will understand the company’s business model and goals to deliver strategically aligned learning initiatives that include new hire orientation, job skills, technology, compliance, regulatory, customer service, career development, management, and leadership programs. Applicants must have knowledge in adult learning and curriculum development techniques, moderate to high instructional design experience, along with effective and confident facilitation techniques. Additionally, the LXD will help maintain training activities in Medical Solutions’ Learning Management System (LMS).
- Manage and design learning projects based on adult learning theory, organizational development and effective instructional design
- Work directly with team members and leadership to assess and maintain training needs, manage expectations, design, develop, and implement courseware, and evaluate effectiveness
- Translate technical and complex concepts into concise and comprehensive instructions
- Effectively facilitate information and respond to questions with polished presentation skills
- Facilitate bi-weekly New Hire Orientation
- Create templates, outlines, storyboards, scripts, animation, job aids, activities, workbooks, assessments, supporting material, and other deliverables for a variety of broad range of learning needs
- Incorporate strong analytical and diagnostic abilities to identify and analyze needs, evaluate results.
- Maintain Learning management system (LMS)
- Serve as a mentor, coach, and knowledge resource for our employees
- Promote continuous improvement of department resources through positive, team-oriented action
- Remain flexible and calm under pressure; able to adapt to changing conditions like classroom equipment failures, system outages and other unforeseen challenges with a can-do attitude
- Utilize intermediate to high personal computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of adult learning and/or instructional design
- Practical application of ADDIE model (analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation)
- Familiar with administration of one or more learning management systems
- Ability to master technical and subject matter content quickly and autonomously
- Ability to work independently, adhere to deadlines, and manage own workload
- Ability to create rapid eLearning content using Camtasia Studio, Adobe Captivate or other eLearning software
- Ability to provide voice talent, voiceovers, and video talent for eLearning videos
- Ability to accept and embrace constructive feedback
- An outgoing personality that display excellent communication between several departments, including leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in: Instructional Design, Professional Communications, English, or Education
- 3+ years of experience in the Talent & Development field and 1-3 years leadership development experience
- Member of Association for Talent Development (ATD)
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Some of the benefits you can expect at Medical Solutions:
- Day 1 health, dental, vision and 401(k) benefits, as well as company paid life insurance.
- Short and long-term disability and supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren).
- Paid time off & 9 paid holidays.
- In-office Concierge to run your personal errands for you.
- Casual dress policy. We’re talking flip-flops and t-shirts – you’ll love it!
Did we mention that we like to have fun? We enjoy ourselves through various company events and outings. One day we might surprise you with Dilly Bars and the next we’re off to a baseball game or picnic in the park. We work hard, and we play even harder. Think you can handle it? If so, check out the "Careers" section on our website https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.