For more information or to apply, visit the LES career opportunities website here.
Requisition ID 2022
Regular - Full-time - Human Resources
Located in Lincoln, Nebraska, customer-owned LES is one of the nation’s leading utility companies. We’re recognized for low costs, reliability, financial stability, innovation, environmental stewardship, community involvement and exceptional customer service. So, if you are looking for a career, and not just a job; if you value working in an atmosphere that values passion and talent, high personal standards, service excellence, the environment and the community in which we live- LES may be the place for you.
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting Pay Range: $50,652.00 - $63,315.00
Posting Date: 6/7/2019
Division: Corporate Operations
Closing Date: 6/24/2019
Develops and implements comprehensive programming for all corporate sponsored learning, including compliance, technical, leadership, competency and succession planning. Works in all functional areas to define existing and future learning needs. Assists in coordinating training in a timely, efficient, and effective manner, and documents all training by utilizing available technologies.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Accountability- Successful candidate will take ownership of assigned tasks and show a commitment to getting the job done. Will monitor and maintain high standards for performance, behavior, and ethics, and delivers on commitments and promises even in challenging times.
- Conducts needs assessments to ensure conformity with mission and performs analysis on assessment results to develop comprehensive training programs.
Communication- Ideal candidate must be able to communicate in a business-appropriate manner and adjust language and communication style to suit the audience and circumstances. Will need to effectively communicate using all common business channels (e.g. email, telephone, meetings, texting, etc.), and communicate negative, difficult, or sensitive messages effectively.
- Collaborates with training sponsors to develop course goals, syllabi, and content/curriculum.
Detail Orientation- Pays close attention to ensure that tasks, products, and services are completed as close to perfect as possible. Digs into work requirements and asks appropriate questions to ensure that he/she fully understands the expectations, correct processes, and nuances. Shows patience in completing work to ensure quality, even when tasks are tedious or not preferred.
- Develops, implements, and maintains program governance and training templates for corporate-wide learning and development activities.
- Develops training-related programs, processes, and forms needed to manage training-related activities at LES.
Training Needs Analysis- Successful candidate must be proficient in identifying the training and development needs of the organization, considering strategic objectives as well as employee career goals. Must be able to identify gaps between employee training needs and actual training performed along with analyzing competency gaps at the organizational, departmental, and individual employee level.
- Creates, implements and maintains standardized training programs for all positions based on job competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Organizational Management, or related field, and
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in area of assignment; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS