Sometimes after training, questions arise. They may be simple, but others can get pretty deep and complex. Perhaps this is an indicator that a more advanced training class is needed. Or maybe reference materials are needed or are not easily accessible. I also love the idea of asking people what they need to learn and then developing training around their needs.
Introducing Google Moderator. It allows you to create a “series” about whatever. People can submit questions, ideas or suggestions. They can also vote on what is already posted. Moderator will rank the questions based on a simple statistical algorithm of the ratio of positive votes against the total votes for a posted question. The end result is that you’ll learn what people want to know more about.
Create a Series
- Go to http://google.com/moderator and click the Create Series button (bottom right corner of the screen). You must have a Google account to create a series.
- Name your series. You’ll also need to provide a description or instructions. There are a number of other settings you can allow or not allow, including if you will allow a person to post anonymously. You can add administrators to allow others to help moderate and edit the series. All selections can be changed at a later time.
- When all information is complete, click Create Series.
Using Google Moderator
You can practice by using my series, ASTD-Lincoln Tech in Training. In order to submit questions or vote, you must have a Google account.p>
- To submit a question, click the Suggest a question button at the bottom of the topic page.
- To vote on an existing question, just click the checkmark next to a question to agree or vote for it. Click the x button to vote against or disagree with it.
- To view the votes already submitted, hover your mouse over the bars.
- You can share a question or idea with others by using the Share button to copy a direct URL for the post. You can share a post through Gmail, Facebook or Twitter (you must be signed in to your account on these services to do so).
- If you are the owner/administrator of a series, you can respond to or comment on questions. Just click Post a response to share your thoughts.
And there you have it; easy-peasy. (I'm laughing on the inside that I actually got to use the phrase "easy-peasy.")